Wednesday 20 November 2013

ive only gone and done it............

after 4 years of thinking/wishing/dreaming of entering the hastings half marathon I have finally done it.
I watched my brother cross the finish line 4 years ago at his first hastings half, I just loved the atmosphere, the crowd and watching the runners do their best. I had this over whelming urge to be part of that but quickly talked myself out of it. too fat too slow too far too hilly etc etc, each year I've said to my self I'll enter next year and never have. This year he didn't run I didn't watch and I've entered for 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the closest I've got to being "ready" and with the support of my training group (there are quite a few running and we are doing it for charity) I just did it before I could talk my self out of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now I need to add hills into my training and work on my speed. I know I can cover the distance (even if I have to walk) its just the timing.

I will try to blog more after Christmas with my training plan and progress updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment