Monday 21 October 2013

need to set some goals.....

just thought id update my blog as feeling rather happy and positive lately. quick re cap : back to training 3 times a week as once was just not enough and I missed it, diet back on track and running is improving.

I have never been confident enough to set goals as I didn't have any self belief of ever achieving anything, so why set my self up to fail? I've never been focused or ambitious or ever really wanted anything enough to work hard for it, but just lately I am starting to think maybe it possible or I'll give it a go. yesterday at running club I ran with an experienced runner who has been selected to run the London marathon, listening to her talk about it and the excitement in her voice made me think why cant I be like that. I have had a dream for about 3 years to run the Hastings half marathon, (it started when I went along to watch and support my brother, the atmosphere was brilliant and I enjoyed cheering the runners on, and it made me want to do it but obviously told myself I could never do it) well just lately its becoming more clear that yes I can do this, I ran nearly 6 miles yesterday so I'm almost half way there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I can cover the distance and walk if I really have to, so its just a speed thing and how long it would take, I cant imagine running for 3 hours.

so I am setting some goals

  • eat clean - its becoming a way of life, why would you want to put crap food into your body
  • work on my stomach/abs - although I still have a very generous layer of fat I can feel my muscles trying to make an appearance
  • run further - increase my distance each week until I can get to 5 laps, introduce hills and work on speed.
so there they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment