Thursday 26 September 2013

running bug

month 6 over and very pleased to say that I managed to keep up with doing my own exercise with only 1 cfuk session a week. I have been riding my bike and running.
my only down fall is that I have lost control of my eating, and although I am still not eating chocolate other bad things have crept in such as biscuits and the odd bag of crisps. my protein intake has been poor and I have been eating carbs at the wrong times, and sure enough at the weigh in I got away with a weight gain but put 2cm on my waist. very disappointing and I hoped it would spur me on to get back on track, so far its had the opposite effect. Im slipping and I really need to get a hold of this. its all in the mind and ive got to get back into my good head space.

my trainer took part in a 24hr ultra run so he has taken a week off to recover so no training and although I have still been exercising im writing this week off and hope to get back on it next week.

I have progressed with my running, I joined the running club and loved it  and have been running with another member. last night we ran 5 miles which is the longest I have ran in my life, after I could hardly walk and when I woke this morning I was in pain and so stiff but as the day went on I am pain free so I feel great. I don't particularly enjoy running but its so much better running with other people and I feel such a sense of achievement afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment